I hope you all had a fabulous weekend as well. While the snow and cold weather is hanging on here in New England, we have been getting creative with our entertainment. With Valentine’s day just around the corner, hearts were a really big theme this weekend. Remy cut out his first (and second through fiftieth) paper heart. He has this really adorable craving for things to be just so (anyone that knew me at a little one would laugh right about now), and these hearts were no exception. He’d fold the paper, cut, I’d cheer about what a lovely heart is was, and he’d wrinkle his nose. What? Oh, the bottom isn’t pointy enough. The top isn’t right. But once he got it just so, he glowed!
This is going to be one great LOVE week!
- 1/smoothie popsicles. we love making our own around these parts. for this batch we did apple, pear, pineapple, banana, coconut water (extra special secret ingredients: spinach & hemp seeds)
- 2/5/#locallove14 event in Boston. lots of cool local vendors got together for a valentine’s day market – flowers, chocolate, macarons, cards, etc. took Remy as my date and we had lots of fun (he mostly ate loads of sugar). more on that tomorrow.
- 3/painting those hand-cut hearts a lovely shade of gold
- 4/icicles out of our front window. these go the entire length of our house, entertaining the boys every time they look out the window.
- 6/carrot & parsnip latkes – I’m on the fence with these. cooked them in coconut oil, and used GF flour…maybe something wasn’t quite right. they just didn’t stick together all that well. really tasty though, so maybe that’s all that matters. and, I shaped them into hearts, so they win the cute award at least.
- 7/guilty. this is what my boys do on the kitchen floor when I’m cooking. not all the time…but sometimes it’s the only option. don’t judge. actually, you can, but I’m okay with it. 🙂