I’ve been secretly planning this surprise 40th for a while now (months really), and it was killing me that I couldn’t share details as they developed. But here they are in all their glory. Our location was a key component. Steel & Rye has this great private space (and they can make it smaller or bigger depending on the need), wood and brick walls, a bar along one side, moody lighting and a wine wall on one end. Everything about it says masculine party – not that you couldn’t glam it up though. I’d be up for that challenge. Just try me.
For this size celebration we used the smaller space, and had a long table right down the middle. 16 people total, and they fit us in there perfectly. We started with some snacks on the bar so folks could mingle prior to the sit-down dinner. And really, I think people could have just mingled all night – by the time we sat down we were all starving!
The food was amazing, and the company was too. The night flew by and before we knew it we were packing up and heading home. Was exhausted when Felix decided to wake up at 5:20 the next morning… I’ll follow up with some DIY posts for the table runner, marquee lights and other little details. But for now, enjoy the pics!
- Styling: Let’s Fête
- Photography: Let’s Fête & friends at the party (thank you Inga!!)
- Flowers: Let’s Fête (I tried to have someone else do this, but it was too last minute…and they turned out great!)
- Location: Steel & Rye
- Food/Cake: Steel & Rye
- Thank you candy (tins): Vollie Austin Toffee
- Decor details: Shop Sweet Lulu, Joanne’s, Michaels, Pick Your Plum
- Crafts: Will have follow up posts with all my DIY details – lots of easy high-impact pieces here! And a couple not-so-easy ones…but you can learn from my mistakes.